This page is very WIP
Beetle Battle is a game mode that can be played by two to four players. The goal is to get all six ladybugs and drive to the exit.
Manual description Edit
Beetle Battle is no-holds-barred racing mayhem held in a variety of unique game arenas. You and up to three friends can go head-to-head as you make a mad dash to gather hidden objects and race to the arena exit.
- The first driver to collect all six ladybugs and find the exit is the winner!
There are a total of eight power-ups. The power-ups themselves are hidden inside boxes (which must be destroyed in order to get the power-up)
Mine Box ボム
|When dropped, these crates damage anyone who hits them.|
Mystery Box ミステリー
|Activate this mystery item and watch what happens to your opponents!|
Rocket Box ミサイル
|These projectiles lock onto the nearest opponent and cause nasty damage.|
Stealer Box スティール
|Aim these projectiles correctly, and you´ll hit another player and steal one of his or her ladybugs.|
Health Box リペア
|This box increases your health if you´ve taken damage.|
Poison Box ポイズン
|This box drains your health when you drive into it.|
Invincibility Box シールド
|Activating this item makes you invincible for a little while, so opponents beware!|
|Smash into a Nitro box and you´ll get plastered to the back of your seat by a jolt of speed.|
There are a total of nine arenas:
MULT 10 is an unused arena.
A mini-map is displayed on the screen to tell the player's current position and also where the ladybug can be found.
- Beetle Battle, like the rest of the game, has gone through some changes:
- The game mode was known as Bug Hunt at one point.
- Most power-ups showed a number next to the icon.
- The arenas also went through changes:
- The mini-map was just the Airport one, unfinished.
- Airport, Parkade, Stadium, Castle, Volcano and Dunes were mostly unchanged.
- Ice Flows was meant to have no ladybugs at all, making it difficult to finish it.
- Rooftops had some additional details and a different sky.
- Woods had a secret area that was accessible by driving into breakable windows. A box was placed here. The final arena's walls are just tree walls, and fences prevent the player from being able to interact with the tree walls. No remnants remains of the area.
Names in other languages Edit
|French||Beetle Bang||Beetle Bang|
|Australian version||HSV Battle|